Search This Blog

Sunday 25 November 2012

Beginning...

...is often very slow. I kind of dislike starting over, so I like to pretend I'm not really doing a new picture, just messing around with some paints. Typically, I'll paint over an old picture I never really cared for, so I've got a blank background to paint on to. Then I'll pick up an object to paint, say an apple, and start working out a rough composition and outline, by which point I'm half way to starting a new picture (without really thinking about it). It's pretty stupid really trying to trick yourself, but by putting zero importance on the result it allows you to just have fun.  

So hopefully this....


Will start to resemble this within a few days...













Or maybe it will look more like this...


No comments:

Post a Comment